Monday, August 1, 2011

Monkey card, Indian card, dog hybrid card

Finished making a birthday card for my nephew, whose birthday is today - he likes monkeys, so whenever I see some cute monkey stamps, I save them to put together a card for his birthday! 

I added the cupcake at the top of these mischevious monkeys,
which was a Stampin Up punch.


These are two "Southwestern" cards I made for my Arizona Stampers group.  These Indian stamps were bought at a recent stamping event that I took my husband too - he seemed to enjoy seeing the guys who were selling stamping products in their booths. 

I put some real feathers behind the Indian and popped both the Indian and the pumpkin cardstock behind it up with dimensional pop-up glue dots. The card is crumbcake cardstock, the brown designer background paper is embossed with the square lattice embossing folder 
(all from Stampin Up).

I used Stampin Up's blender pen with watercolor crayons and pencils to color in the Indian - can you see that each Indian is colored with different colors?  I couldn't decide which colors I wanted to use, so did two different ones!


This is a thank you card for some beautiful handmade leashes for our furbaby, Inu - so felt it would be appropriate to use the "hybrid" card I had made with Stampin Up's My Digital Studio software. I used a Stampin Up embossing folder on the left side of the card, as well as the new lace punch along the bottom.

We are thinking of getting Inu a brother or sister...wonder how she will like that?  Once she gets used to having a sibling, we hope she will have lots of fun together.

So have you looked at the new Stampin Up catalog yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment