Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Calendar bookmarks to enclose with Christmas cards

This year I decided to do something a little different with my Christmas cards (yes, I make them too!) - besides cutting back on how many to send, I wanted to let my family and a few special friends know I think about them....and give them something to remember that throughout the year.  So I made up some calendar bookmarks to enclose with their Christmas cards.

I used retired going grey Stampin' Up cardstock (I have a package of it!) and had no problem finding 2011 calendar templates to use for a bookmark.  I wanted to use the beautiful bashful blue retired Stampin' Up ribbon I had.  I also love Amy Butler's designs and had bought a pack of her designer paper, and the colors matched the grey and bashful blue perfectly!  My hubby helped me and we made up 9 bookmarks.  So that is why I didn't send out my Christmas cards until today - good reason huh??!!

Fortunately I even had some long foil-lined envelopes to use instead of the smaller envelopes for the cards.  The little tab at the top and the daisy at the bottom are also retired Stampin' Up designer paper - the bridesmaid collection, which I LOVED....put a little pearl in the middle of the flower.  And lightly stamped a bashful blue flower onto the calendar (probably can't see it in these pics.  Here is a closeup of the front and back of the calendar bookmark.


The backside of the bookmark has gold glittery wavy lines in it - I am thinking I will do this every year .... I even typed up a little newsletter to go with my cards, wow. 
This way I can make sure the recipients think about us every time they look at this pretty bookmark!  I will have to make one up for myself, since it matches my craft/sewing room (still a work in progress lol). 
Now I have a whole year to make up next Christmas' calendar bookmarks, or at least get them ready when I can print off 2012 calendars.  Groan, I'm not sure I want to think that far in advance!!
Do you think they will like this?  Hope they get through the mail okay.
So are you all ready for Christmas yet?  I just have a couple presents to wrap....

4 comments:

  1. Found your blog from Stampin' Connection....love the idea of adding a calendar to a bookmark. And your execution is fantastic.

    Janeen from Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea too! wish i thought of it to go with my christmas cards... theres always next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the calendar bookmark idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete