Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wooden block (Decor Elements) Photo Cube with matching card

Here is another one of those cute photo cubes I made last week - when my friend saw the other set I made, I could tell she wanted one for herself too....so since she has her birthday this weekend, I made one for her, and decorated a swap card I had to match.  It is great that the Stampin' Up wooden blocks come in sets of 4, so I had 2 extra.  I am going to order some more to have on hand!

I used the Stampin' Up daisy diecut set
I used before, the curry polka dotted retired ribbon (and a wider yellow ribbon under it), and a flower button.  The binder clip was already decorated this way when I bought it on sale.  I distressed the cube with chocolate chip ink.

I used another cream colored ribbon on the clip and frayed the edges, and tied some on the button as well.


The little matching cards go underneath the cube's ribbon on the sides and back so she can put a pic on them; actually she can put a pic on the back of them too, so they will be "reversible."


With the little dots leftover from the daisy diecuts, I layed them and put one on each side of the clip at the top.  And you know all those great swap cards/card fronts you get and don't know what to do with them later....I added paper to match the patterned paper here and put the other dots from the daisy diecuts at the top right of the card...

So now the whole set "matches!" 
Have you looked at the SaleABration mini-catalog that Stampin' Up has now?  I just sent in my order and can't wait to get it to play with my free products, and the new Occasions mini-catalog items!
Let me know if there is anything I can order for you, OK?
Thanks for looking at my blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment