Friday, February 4, 2011

Butterfly Pompom Card - get a free one with your order

    



     
Last night I needed to make some swap cards and also a card for a Sudsol design challenge that had a butterfly, and to use items from the Stampin' Up Occasions mini-catalog and SaleABration flyer.  I was inspired from a recent class hosted by Diana Gibbs, and just had to make my own version of one of those cards. 
The Stampin' Up items I used, which are shown above, were:
Confetti cream cardstock $9.50
Crumbcake seam binding ribbon $6.95
Daffodil delight pompom trim $6.50
Nature walk clear stamp set $18.95
Botanical Gazette designer series paper $9.95 (all paper is reversible!)
Framed tulip embossing folder $7.95
 The are the prices for "preferred" which means you pay these prices if you buy them from a demonstrator (like me!!) 

So here are 4 of the cards
- one is not in a cellophane envelope, the other 3 cards are - what a difference it makes in the picture between them and even between the cards standing up and lying down.  Crumbcake cardstock was used for the card base.  Did you know that Stampin' Up has matching crumbcake envelopes? 
Can you see where I used the daffodil delight pom pom trim?
The ribbon was ruched (need to use the red stick tape so the ribbon stays on - I've tried other tape and glues and the ribbon eventually falls off, yuck) and the embossed edging was sponged with chocolate chip ink, which was also used to stamp the bird cage and butterfly.   
More mustard was used to stamp the bee and flowers. 


Look closely at the flowers - see the little pompoms?


 
Here is a closeup of the ribbon ruching and pom pom flowers....I cut one little pompom from the pompom trim, and then cut just a little of the edging off, then fluffed and flattened the pompom.  I put a mini-glue dot on the card where I wanted the pompom (now a flower!) and put the pompom on that.

Don't you think the squished pompoms add a great dimension to the card?  And it feels soft.  Since you get 5 yards of pompom trim on a roll, just think of how many pompoms you can make!!  The first couple of my cut pompoms fell apart because I cut too much of the edging off of the pompom....so you will want to leave enough on to make sure that doesn't happen.  And when you stick it on the mini-glue dot, you can turn the pompom so the little bit of edging doesn't show at all.  I think I will be cutting more pompoms to use since the trim comes in 3 colors!!  (daffodil, melon, and tangerine).

If you place a Stampin' Up order with me, I will include one of these cards for your very own with your order!  With the SaleABration special that is going on right now, for every $50 you order, you get to choose another free product!
Check out the current Occasions and SaleABration catalog links on the left side of my blog - and let me know what I can get for you, so you will get free products and this beautiful card, OK?
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Your ruffle ribbon looks wonderful & you've got me convinced I MUST get that tulip border embossing die! GREAT examples TFS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete