Thursday, January 27, 2011

Springtime vintage card with ribbon rosette

I played with some of the new Stampin' Up items I had (from the Occasions mini-catalog) since I was inspired from the class I took last weekend by Diana Gibbs....This card is cased from one of the cards we did, and also is for a design challenge on SUDSOL - You can try out Sudsol for free for 2 weeks if you are a demonstrator...click on the link at the bottom of my blog.  Right now is a perfect time to become a demonstrator since you can get lots of free products at a great savings with the SaleABration event!  If you are interested, let me know OK?

I used cardstock in Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry, and Old Olive, along with the new designer paper Springtime Vintage - don't they look great together?

The top 2 layers are torn and edged with matching ink, and the stamps are from the Razzle Dazzle and Upsy Daisy stamp sets.  Now you wouldn't think tearing paper could be difficult....but there is an "art" to tearing it so it looks pretty! lol

Then I outlined the floral stamp with an Old Olive marker and also used it to color 3 pearls that were adhered.  But my most favorite part of this card is the ribbon rosette!!  These are a new item and not only are they already made up from ribbon, but you get a bunch of them!  Quick and easy, now that's painless!!  I just put several mini-glue dots on the back of the rosette, and it added a whole new beautiful look to this card, don't you think? 
You can get the Stampin' Up products to make up this card (and more) too - and then get free products as well right now....I would love to help you and get you started!  Please send me an email if you have any questions on any of my designs - I like reading comments and feedback too!  Have a great weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment