Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Free bitty buttons; watercolored cards

Just wanted to remind you that there are a few more days for Stampin' Up's Filled With Love bundle where you will get free bitty buttons with your order (to Jan. 24).  Here is a picture of the bitty buttons and a closeup of them. I have used them on several projects and they go with everything....so cute!
The bitty buttons are a $4.95 value:  Add a bit more eye-pleasing detail to your projects with Bitty Buttons. These clear mini buttons coordinate with both the Itty Bitty Bits stamp set and the shapes in our Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack. Mix them all together for a charming spell of itty bits for your favorite keepsakes...

And when you place an order with me you will also receive a free tutorial from me for a Build a Card Kit projects!  Here is a picture of the projects to make in the Build a Card Kit tutorial:





This weekend I was fortunate enough to go to a watercoloring class that Diana Gibbs
had.  We watercolored with 3 different watercoloring techniques/products that Stampin' Up has - their inkpads/reinkers, watercoloring crayons, and watercoloring pencils, along with the blender pen and aqua painters.  Watercoloring is sooo much fun, more fun than coloring (well, maybe, as much fun...) and it makes your cards and projects absolutely unique, beautiful, and impressive - My husband is awed by the watercolored projects I've made, and I am still just a novice at it!  It makes people say, "how did you DO that?!"
Here are the 3 watercolored cards I made:

We used the Greeting Card Kids stamp set, which is perfect for watercoloring. 
This set is so darn cute!

Now if you want to see how the cards are "suppose" to look like when done by an experienced watercolorer (is that even a word?), you can check out Diana Gibbs' gallery here:

And if you want to get your own tutorial to see how to do these awesome watercoloring techniques by Diana, you can buy one for yourself on her blog for only $3.95.  Of course, it's not like actually being in her class and getting to see her demonstrate it IRL (in real life) cause you get to ask her lots of questions!!  This is the second watercoloring class with Diana Gibbs I have been to, so I should be getting better, right??  Hmmm, I do think I am getting the hang of watercoloring the faces - that's important, don't you think?!  When I showed these cards to my hubby, he commented that all these kids were pidgeon-toed LOL.

Another thing I learned is how much fun it is to use the letterpress embossing plates!!  I sure will be getting some for myself in my order.
See it on the background of the pink card?  It is so elegant....
So send me an email with your order so I can email you the free Build A Card Kit tutorial, OK?  (pretty please!!) 

1 comment:

  1. Green with envy Miss Mary. I bet the class was fun! Just a quicky to let you know you won one of the UStamp passes from my blog! Hugs - Jean

    ReplyDelete