Friday, January 21, 2011

More dots - polka dot card to match the photo cube

I wanted to make a card to match the photo cube I did this week, and needed to come up with a double embossed/textured card and a card using a polka dots theme.  So I combined all these ideas, and here is what I came up with...The colors I used were Stampin' Up's pear pizzaz, always artichoke, and marina mist....I love the glimmer brad that I put in the center of the always artichoke seam binding ribbon bow.  This ribbon is so soft and smooth.  Before I embossed the bottom half of the card front, I stamped little polka dots - this stamp was from the Season of Joy stamp set and it is suppose to be little snowflakes, but it worked for the dots!!  The card looks much prettier IRL (in real life).


So does this card scream "DOTS!" or what??!!
The 2 Stampin' Up embossing folders used were perfect polka dots and square lattice, along with the ticker corner punch and greeting from the Sweet Birthday stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment