Friday, January 14, 2011

One dozen buttons in pear pizzaz-these cards dedicated to Cristena B & Jean F!

First I am dedicating my cards and posting today to a SU friend, Cristena B - she sent me a great Christmas gift that was totally unexpected by me - a RAK....it was such a nice surprise to receive this hostess set from the Stampin' Up 2010-2011 Idea Catalog.  It was the Designer series paper patterns pack In colors (p. 11) and I had seen them but didn't ever think I would be able to get it....but I did and so I used as much of the pear pizzaz paper in it to make these cards.  The papers were reversible, so I had lots of fun mixing and matching them! 

And because another super nice SU friend had a birthday yesterday, Jean F, so one of these birthday cards is dedicated to her long-distance!
I have to mention that I have never met either of these awesome people IRL (in real life) but have become "friends" with them because of my connection with Stampin' Up and the internet!!  Stampin' Up is like that....
So onto the fun I had making these cards, which also were designed for the Sudsol design challenge this week, which was BUTTONS! 
Here are 4 of the button variations
I made them in pear pizzaz with the reversible paper - the Sizzlit diecut Buttons that Stampin' Up sells has 4 different buttons on this diecut, so I decided to make up 4 different buttons.  This was a good way to use up those little pieces of paper, linen thread, pear 1/2" polyester ribbon, and Chantilly crochet lace trim I had too!  The biggest button on the left was threaded with paper scraps too!

This is the first card I made using some of these buttons.  Other Stampin' Up items I used were the Well Scripted stamp set (stamped with black Stazon), pearls, and scallop border punch.  Here are some more of the buttons I made - isn't that square button pretty with the crochet trim?

Here are pictures of the smallest button and how I incorporated the linen thread and pearl.  On the first button on the left I tied a little strip of linen thread on....then I frayed the thread so it looked kinda shabby chic....and finally I put a large pearl on.  All the buttons were attached to the cards with dimensionals.

See all of the buttons I made just from 1 diecut, 2 pieces of reversible designer paper, and little pieces of paper, thread, and lace in pear pizzaz! 

I had seen a picture of a card in the current Stampin' Up Idea Book on p.192 that used a button, and it inspired me to design these cards, but use as many of my buttons as I could, and just the pear colored paper and cardstock.  Here is the second card I made:

Although the two cards might look the same, when you see them side by side, you can see the differences....They remind me of a shabby chic quilt!!  My husband's favorite was the one on the left - which one do you like best? 


I still have some buttons and paper left to use in another project! 
So here's to Cristena B and Jean F - I am glad we are friends and thank you both for all you have done!!
If you want to check out Cristena's blog or Jean's blog, click on the links below....thanks for stopping by - I appreciate any comments!!  If you want to buy any of these Stampin' Up products, just send me an email (mklecuyer@hotmail.com) OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment