Sunday, January 9, 2011

Recycling my mini-tree!


I bet you have taken down all your Christmas decorations, just like me. But I just couldn't put my little tree away - I discovered it can be redecorated for other holidays! This is what it looked like as part of our Christmas decorations....I used it as a little Christmas tree for our furbaby...see there is her Christmas gourmet doggy bone underneath it. I hung her doggy Christmas ornament on it, but forgot to take a picture of that....next year I will put more doggy ornaments on it. 

Last year I used the tree for an Easter decoration - I had just bought the little tree at a church lawn sale along with some cute bunny baskets. I made up Easter-type peppermint patty treats to hang on it, which could be reused as candy holders or a bookmark afterwards. See how cute it was?



This week I decorated my little tree for Valentine's Day - I received some pretty hearts and heart outlines which I hung on the tree, and put some around it at the base on the table. I also had a couple viintage Valentine's tags and hung them on the tree too. Here is a picture of my Valentine tree - isn't it cute?


And here is a picture of the little tree when it is plugged in - see how pretty it looks with the nightlite on next to it? The nightlite is one of those flameless scented candles by Scentsy and right now it smells like an evergreen tree lol.



My tree is set up in our entry way by the front door so when we have visitors, they are greeted by my holiday tree! I think I got a great deal when I bought this tree for only $2 at the lawn sale - wouldn't you agree?


After Valentine's Day is over, I will put some of the new Stampin' Up items from the Occasions mini-catalog on it...I can't decide if I want to use the Sew Suite decorations, or the Springtime Vintage - have you checked them out yet in the mini-catty? Don't forget, when you place an order with me you will receive a free tutorial! Here is another picture of one of the projects in the tutorial:
Hope to hear from you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment