Friday, July 23, 2010

Good news from friends; "Reversible" purple birthday card

Got some great news from 2 friends - one news was from another Stampin Up demonstrator that I have been getting to know and she was an Artisan Award winner last year - she is presenting at their national convention in Salt Lake City this week and found out she was awarded to be a member of Founder's Circle. Well, I know that is a great honor, but I can't tell you exactly what you do to receive it, but it is highly valued...I am so happy for Diana.  And I will have to check out what the criteria is to get that award!!  Here is a picture of one of her cards she presented - you can see why she gets awards:




The other great news was that our dog agility training site's program director did awesome at the European competition this past week with 2 of her dogs - It was a 6-day competition and over 300 dogs from all over Europe and everyone wanted one of those 25 spots to move to finals. Both dogs jumped at 26" (kinda high to jump - just try it!) and she qualified not one, but BOTH of her dogs for finals - one of her dogs placed 3rd overall when it was all said and done. We are so proud of her! Woof woof Woot Elicia, BreeSea, and Nika...

       I am still sorting out and unpacking stuff, but using the new Stampin Up items I got.  I really like the new color Concord Crush, as I have loved purple since I was a teenager (not saying when that was!) - In fact, in my h.s. yearbook for my grad pic it says I was the girl with the purple suede shoes!  I wanted to use it to make a birthday card for my son's gf for her 17th birthday next week, but I don't know what sort of stuff she likes, etc. And my son wasn't much help....so I decided to make one of those cute skirt cards, which is shown above, along with a felt flower large paper clip bookmark (hmmm, can't use it with ebooks though...). Too bad the felt flowers and the paper on the bookmark just retired.  I did some embossing on the pink petticoat peeking out underneath - this skirt card is a little different since it doesn't open up...Here is a larger picture of the front of the skirt card:


That's the new lace trim that Stampin Up has now, and satin ribbon at the waistband and a flower brad.  I will post more pictures of this card when I get a new adapter for my pic card so I can get the rest of the pictures off of it....But I always scan my projects too....Here is the scanned back of the card:
I embossed the purple butterfly with clear and edged it and the greeting in pink - so it's a reversible skirt birthday card!  I hope the young lady will like it....Do you think a 17 year old teen girl would like this card?

No comments:

Post a Comment