Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Birthday bakery simple card


I have been trying to do a weekly design card challenge on Sudsol.  I really think that designing and making cards on a regular basis has improved my cardmaking skills.  This card was for a simple card challenge so I only used one Stampin' Up stamp set (Birthday Bakery
which is a hostess level 1 set), 3 punches (scallop square xlarge, ticket corner, and modern label xlarge punches), only one color (melon mambo), the framed tulips embossing folder (I have been using this a lot lately - can you believe it when I first saw it I never thought I wanted it...!) and scraps of designer paper and ribbon. 
The paper and ribbons are the Ice Cream Parlor set from the Saleabrations catalog (I can still get you products from this until the end of March) and the designer series pattern stack of the "in colors."  I colored in just a little bit on the cupcakes. 



The pear pizzaz scallop frame is actually 3 pieces of scallop square xlarge punched paper, which are glued together to make one piece - this cool technique was cased from Dawn Olchefske.  I used dimensionals behind the greeting to pop it up. 


My colors were inspired by that little bit of ribbon, but since I cut the ends of the little bow off, you can't see the melon mambo colors.  This card came together really quick...if there is anything you would like to get from the Saleabrations catalog along with your free stuff, email me OK?  Thanks!

1 comment: