Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring blossoms card with inlaid embossing - details/tutorial

What a great neighbor we have!  This weekend she brought over homemade cookies for us YUM!!  This is the second time she has done this - so I just had to make a card for her. 

And I was able to combine a Sudsol design challenge and swap cards as well. That has got to be a first for me - fulfilling 3 needs with one card...Well, actually I ended up making 3 cards and loved all 3 of them. 

This is a picture of the daffodil card - see those little white flowers in the vase by it?  They came from the bushes in the back of our place.  When I was out walking our furbaby, I finally figured out that these were the flowering bushes that were responsible for the wonderful odor I have been smelling outside lately. 
Now I have some inside the house to smell whenever I want!

These are the supplies you will need to make these cards;
all from Stampin' Up: 
Daffodil, crumbcake, and pear pizzaz inkpads
Baja breeze, certainly celery, crumbcake cardstock
Greenhouse Gala and Pawsitively Prints designer series paper
Certainly celery 1/4" grosgrain ribbon
Pearls
Embossing folder Perfect Polka Dots
Scallop trim corner
Clear embossing powder
Soft suede pastel chalk
Scallop circle punch 1-3/4"
Dimensionals

Prepare the card and 2 layers by distressing the edges with crumbcake ink after you use the scallop trim corner on the bottom right corner of the designer paper layer. 
(designer paper is 5-1/4" x 4" and solid color layer is 4-1/2" x 3-1/4"). 

Cut out the flowers you want to use from the Greenhouse Gala paper and distress the edges with the crumbcake ink as well.  I cut out 1 big flower, 1 medium, and 1 small.
Arrange the flowers on the colored layer on the right side so there is a space on the left side, because this is where the ribbon will go.  Glue them onto the cardstock. 
Then emboss this layer with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.

Doesn't it look awesome?  Adhere the embossed layer to the designer paper and add the 1/4" grosgrain ribbon on the left side.

And then adhere these 2 layers onto the crumbcake card.

Prepare the greeting by stamping the Punch Bunch "For You" scallop circle flower and heat embossing with clear embossing power.
Before you punch the scallop circle flower out with the scallop circle punch, dab soft suede pastel chalk on it so the white paper isn't so white - I used the very vanilla paper and wanted to soften it up a little...


After you punch out the scallop flower circle, put a little pearl in the middle of the flower.

Use dimensionals to adhere the scallop circle to the card above the tied ribbon.

 Use a scrap of the designer paper and punch with the scallop trim corner, then trim the corner off at a diagonal. 
Glue to the inside corner of the card.



Your card is done!  Here are the 3 cards I made where you can see the details clearly, as I scanned them with my computer. 

The last card is the one I am giving to our nice neighbor - I hope it brings her as much bright cheeriness as her cookies did for us!!  Spring is here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment