Friday, November 26, 2010

Swap card received; swap tags made; Christmas craft class reminder

Hope you all had an awesome turkey day!!  I love this time of the year, because of all the yummy food!  I had to share this card with you. 
I received it in a swap for the group for Arizona stampers.  The leaves, greetings (heat embossed to make it really glossy I think), and little square brads are all in copper metallic and it is very elegant!  I am still working on being able to take decent photos of projects with metallic and bling on them...And on this card, the Stampin' Up jumbo stamping wheel was used with the Bright Blessings (p. 28) -
The way it is used on this card by Virginia looks totally different than in the catalog - I just might have to get this greeting since I do have the jumbo stamping handle. 

What is really versatile with the stampin wheels is that you can change not only the design wheel, but also the ink.  Or you can even cut out the different pictures or greetings on the picture to use.  I really appreciate how creative Virginia was with this.  I sure am taking a second look at what you can do with the wheels, and now you can even stack the wheels so you can use 2 or 3 of them at a time.  The prices are very reasonable too (p. 193 in the Idea Book catalog).  You can place an order for them with me if you want to try them out - just send me an email (mklecuyer@hotmail.com).  I have the Baby Tees one and they are adorable, and I even have the Neighborhood one with houses on it - I hate to say it but I haven't used them much (yet!).  And if you click on the link on the left side of my blog for the Online Spectacular that is going on for another week yet, there are wheel and stamp set bundles (you get both) on sale at 40% and 30% off - these are really great prices!!

Also here is a picture of the swaps I just made for my demonstrator group - I have to mail them so they will be there for next Friday.  I decided to make some fancy gift tags - although I put hearts on these, you can easily change the shapes to Christmas, snowflakes, fall, cupcakes, flowers, stars, birds, owls, leaves, butterflies, etc., etc.  I named this project the Shabby Chic Red and Plum Tag.  There was no stamping on this project!  I will be posting details about it along with more pictures this weekend, so you can see how pretty it is!  I had to make and keep one for myself!!


We will be making similar-type gift tags in my Christmas cards and tags craft class on Dec. 4th - if you are interested in coming or getting the kit to make at home, let me know OK?  (see my earlier post about the class or email me and I will send you the flyer so you can make sure to get a spot)

Please stop by later this weekend to check out these gift tags - and in the meantime, enjoy the rest of the Thanksgiving holiday season!  Eat leftovers...if you are lucky enough to have some...

No comments:

Post a Comment