Monday, September 13, 2010

Pink Priceless Teacup Cards - Shabby Chic or Vintage?

I made up these card fronts this weekend for swaps at the Sept. to Remember event this coming weekend, and used the distressing technique, crochet trim lace, and pearls....but I can't decide if they are vintage, or shabby chic, or maybe shabby chic and vintage!?  Here are some closeups of the cards and how I put them together - maybe you can check them out and let me know what you think:
I stamped the large flourish from the Priceless stamp set in river rock on river rock cardstock, tore the right edge, used vintage wallpaper to emboss it, then edged the card with chocolate chip and swiped the embossing with pretty in pink. The bottom layer is pretty in pink cardstock edged with soft suede.


I put a piece of the chocolate chip striped grosgrain across the left side of the embossed cardstock, then adhered the embossed layer onto the pink layer.  I tied a small piece of the victoria crochet lace trim just below the halfway down part of the ribbon, so there would be room for the leaves later - you can see the flourish background stamp in these pictures if you look close:
 

I used the confetti cream cardstock to stamp the teacup picture on (from the Timeless Treasures set) and the word "Priceless" - used the soft suede ink to do these. Then rounded the corners and edged it with the pretty in pink ink...
 
The picture went in the lower right of the card, and a little pearl was added onto the P in Priceless:

Then I used the Little Leaves diecut and the blush designer paper in the Designer Series Paper Patterns Stack In Color - the polka dotted pattern - but both sides of the paper looked good when I tucked the leaves behind the lace knot (had to loosen the knot a little first to slide the stem in, then tightened it back up).  So I ended up making a couple with both sides of the paper.  I wasn't sure if the polka dots were too "busy" but actually, it wasn't...That blush paper sure is pretty...

I thought the leaves added a nice touch and made it "pop"....Then I reread the info on the Sept. to Remember notice about the swaps - suppose to be holiday/winter....hmmm, these could be used for feminine holiday, right?!  Well, I started making up blue card front swaps similar to these, but with Christmas wintery theme, and will post pictures of those.  Anywho, here is a scanned picture of my two pink shabby chic vintagey cards; the colors look different when scanned in my computer, don't they?
Are they shabby chic, vintagey, vintagey-shabby chic, or shabby chic-vintage?
I can't decide, so let me know what you think, OK?  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment