Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Up late last nite playing with chili peppers but didn't get burned

After I found some of my cardmaking stuff that was still packed up in the garage and hauled it into my craft room that I'm gonna set up, I made this card....This was made with the X-large two-step bird punch that Stampin Up sells (see yesterday's posting) - I had the idea to make the wings into chili peppers.  Here in Arizona there are lots of "hot" things!  I don't have a table yet in my craft room, but guess what, there was lots of floor space to use as my "table."  And since our furbaby was in her bed/crate, I didn't have to worry about her getting in the way lol.

So I was up late last night, first researching peppers, then making this card for a challenge - my first one - it's a challenge that my upline coordinates so I wanted to support her.  I haven't seen anyone use the bird punch for anything like this yet.  All those little peppers and leaves required some fine motor skills and eyes that I haven't used in quite a while!  But I think it turned out cute for my first time - All it needs is the words "hot, hot, hot!"  Here is my card - what do you think of it? 
I love the new satin ribbon and am glad that Stampin Up will be keeping it.  I really appreciate my readers, comments, and new followers/subscribers - thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment