Friday, August 5, 2016

More cat projects...if you like cats!

MEOW!  In my posting on Aug. 1st, I mentioned that I was on a cat theme recently, so wanted to share the cat projects!  They were for my son's birthday last month - the son who is married to my daughter-in-law and who have two cats, Rascal and Skitty.  They are beautiful ragdoll cats; here is a pic of them:

If you have ever seen the Peanuts/Charlie Brown cartoon strip, the little girl with the naturally curly hair (Frieda) sometimes carries her ragdoll cat on her arm:  

They both loved their cat birthday presents and cat cards.  Here are a few more pictures of my son's birthday cats projects:




I created the cat paper with Stampin's Up cat stamp set Pretty Kitty, which you can purchase in my online store.  I did a "one-sheet wonder" paper, which is one sheet of patterned, or stamped paper or card stock that is cut up and used to create a number of items. That is a piece of acetate with polka dots over the main design.  Also used was baker's twine in emerald envy.  The cats were stamped with emerald envy, crushed curry, and chocolate chip ink, on craft cardstock. 

 I also stamped the kitties on some brown paper for the wrapping paper.  But I forgot to take a picture of his actual birthday present, which was a cat fan in bronzed copper.




 Usually I do dog related projects, since we have 2 dogs, so it was a shock to some to see me do something other than dogs!  I also put a gag/joke gift in my son's card:




He spent at least 20 minutes checking it out....it was a cut up dollar bill (or maybe more, can't remember as I got it at a craft show!).  I think for a bit he thought about taking them all out and taping them together, but not for long.  I should have got two, so I could send one to his brother on his birthday!

BTW, my first pet was a yellow long-hair tabby cat, named Muffy.  She was my sweetie for 13 yrs and I'll never forget her....it was when I had her that I found out I was allergic to cats.  But rather than give her away, I took allergy shots while I had her.  We love our furbabies, don't we....Thanks for checking out my cat projects!


No comments:

Post a Comment