Monday, August 1, 2016

August monthly blog hop - it's summer (and hOt!)



Welcome to our monthly blog hop; you should have just visited Crystal's blog and her great project - and it's August 1st already!  Since it has been over 100 degrees here in Arizona daily, I swear it has done something to my brain and July has just disappeared...

I am on a cat theme lately, so I had to include a cat with my summer themed birthday card.  It is my for daughter-in-law in N.J. and they have two beautiful cats.  I used summery colors from the Color Throwdown:  peach, blushing bride/light pink, daffodil yellow and curry, and white of course.





Makes for a bright and cheery card, and I sure had fun with the foxy friends stamp set and punch....I got so involved in making this kitty cat, that I lost all track of time!  Here are a few more pics of my card:






The Stampin' Up supplies I used are:  Fruit Stand designer paper, swirly scribbles thinlits, delicate white doily, peach ruched ribbon, happy birthday styled birthday stamp, very vanilla lace trim, wink of stella clear glitter (can you see the sparkle?)  and in color enamel heart shape.  I got my idea for the card design from Freshly Made Sketches #247  fms247 and Color Throwdown #403  ctd403.  Wow, 2 challenges - that's gotta be a first for me.  It must be the heat, ha, ha.


Come to Arizona if you want to see what it's like to be nice and hot...but first be sure to finish our blog hop!  Next up is Ellie - Enjoy, and thanks for stopping in!!

http://www.elstamper.blogspot.com 

Here is our blog line-up:

Di           http://www.stampingwithdi.com




 









6 comments:

  1. Darling card Mary! I haven't had a chance to play with my Fox builder set yet...but I must make one of these kitties soon! Looks just like my guy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, glad I was sitting down since it was a cat and not a dog. Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute kitty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute cat Mary! Love the colors you used for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! That cat is adorable. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete