Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Something different - square yellow baby card

Can you tell this is a nongender baby card?  Our exercise teacher is going to have a baby and we don't know what it is yet.... So I made a card that the class can give her and take up contributions....This card is square, rather than the regular card size - What I like about it that you can showcase more of the gorgeous papers that Stampin Up has. I used all current Stampin Up products on this - the Baby Bundle stamp set is so cute, it was hard to decide which ones to put on this.  Would you ever think that the Greenhouse Gala designer paper would make a pretty baby card?!
Here are some more pictures of the card I took with my cell phone camera:

Here are pictures of the corner details that use the daffodil 1/8" taffeta ribbon layered over red satin ribbon -
a little knot on the edge and small bow with 4 ties:
 

Here is my assistant; she is so patient...

I hear that mailing a square card takes additional postage, since it is not a standard envelope size....but I'll be handing this to our teacher on her last day.  I'm not sure how I feel about square cards this size.  I like the square 3 x 3 and 4 x 4 cards, but again, they are not the usual envelope size, so would have to put them in a normal size, which you can do.  But with this size of a square, you can't unless you fold it.  Probably don't want to do that...How are the rest of you handling mailing square cards?
BTW, the Stampin' Up holiday mini-catalog will be coming out next month, and it is awesome!!  They will have fabric, cards that talk, tinsel trim, and lots of other new beautiful things....Sure hope some of them will carry over so we can order them after the holiday catalog expires.  It will be a fun holiday season!!  I will post the new catalog on my blog next month - be sure you check it out OK?



No comments:

Post a Comment