Tuesday, September 30, 2014

October blog hop with Di's Country Inkers

Happy October and welcome to my blog hop card with Di's Country Inkers!

 You should have come from
Crystal's blog  http://www.stampinonroodfarm.blogspot.com

 The card I used for my card for this month's theme casing Diana's cards is this (I forgot to include the pic so here it is!  better late than never, sorry):



I used Stampin' Up's My Digital Studio (MDS) to CASE my card, along with a new brush set from the holiday catalog. Colors used were Mossy Meadow, More Mustard, and Pumpkin Pie.

 This stamp set is Holiday Home and you can also get it in in french and spanish as well as the matching framelit.  I just love houses so I had to get the bundle and MDS brush set!  If you "bundle" the stamp set with the framelits, you can get them at a discounted price:





Holiday Home is a variety of holiday traditions center on the home. This versatile photopolymer stamp set lets you express everything that goes on at home for the holidays, from hauntings to visits from a jolly old elf. Set quantity: 24.

I used one of Di's previous cards and cased my card from the card she posted on August 3rd using the spatter technique (get a splatter effect by dropping a few different refill colors on a baby wipe and using it as the stamp pad).  It is one of her Top Ten cards and I was lucky enough to get this one and fell in love with it.

It was a little challenging to achieve the same effect with MDS, but by using 2 different MDS splatter brush sets and coloring them with 3 different colors, I think I came close.  It was sure fun to play with MDS since they are always coming out with new sets and fun items!  You can try MDS for free by clicking on the MDS button on the right side of my blog.

Here is the blog hoppers' list, in case you get lost:


Thanks for visiting my blog - the next blog hop is Diana's and I know she will have something great for you!!   

 



4 comments:

  1. Cute!!! That house set is on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love how it turned out with the MDS, you are so smart. Love ya, Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job with the splatters, Mary! And those bats look like they're flying off the page!! Thanks for conspiring with us this month - it was fun, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, this is such a great MDS card! Love the splatter and the colors you used. Great card to CASE. Thanks for hoping with us this month.

    ReplyDelete