Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Color challenge with Copictopia and a stair step card

I wanted to share the card I made for this week's color challenge with Copictopia!  I have been wanting to try making a stair step card, and I got to do it this week!!  It felt like I was making a mini-panoramic scene.... here is my card using this colors:


Here is a close-up of my card:

Yep, your eyes aren't deceiving you - I colored my little dog with the pink Copic colors!  I did use a gray color for shading...


I got this digital image from Copictopia.com too - it was FREE!  Digital stamps are great because you can resize them to fit your need, so I made this cute dog so he could happily run through the grass and trees, like my furbabies do!  I always have to laugh at them when they find some great odor in the grass and roll in it on their backs for like 10 minutes LOL.  As long as it isn't skunk smell or some other awful smell....one time when Inu was a puppy she thought rolling in cat doodoo was a smell we would appreciate....NOT.   Check out the free digital stamps here:  http://copictopia.com/digital-stamps/

 The "steps" of the card definitely make it dimensional!

 Copic colors #E37, RV66, RV55, G14, V17 and R29; some retired Stampin' Up items

 I used white baker's twine but colored it with the purple Copic pen - did you know you can do that??  I made a cute bow for my card!


You could see what other goodies are on the Copictopia website - a blog, a new card sketch design, free money card lion tutorial...and submit your card!


No comments:

Post a Comment