Thursday, June 23, 2011

2 hybrid cat cards



I just made 2 "hybrid" cards for a cat themed swap - Hybrid means a combo of a digital software program and non-digital items. I used Stampin Up's My Digital Studio for the card base, and then embellished the rest of the card with Stampin Up products, such as an embossing folder, baker's twine, butterfly diecuts, and so saffron cardstock. 
 
The card format I used was one of the templates in My Digital Studio - I took out some of the stamps on the template and put in the cat, butterfly, and party hats, in the colors I wanted. Can you see the polka dots I embossed on the card top?
 
 This card is a slightly different version of the first card, only because I used the polka dot embossing on the card bottom. The large butterfly is just tucked under the baker's twine, so the recipient can remove it and do something else with it. Here are some closeups of the card details:









No comments:

Post a Comment