Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Digital Studio is awesome - some first projects were sooo easy

I have started using Stampin' Up's digital software program, My Digital Studio....It is so user-friendly and just plain fun to experiment with!  These are the first "hybrid" cards I made with it.  This is the Strength and Hope digital set - every $2 of the Strength and Hope stamps goes towards cancer funds.  So of course, I had to use pink!


Talk about instant gratification!  It is so easy to order the stamp set, etc. you want for My Digital Studio - you can immediately start using your download!! 
I put together this butterfly and the Hope, put 8 of them on my page, and then printed it out on pretty in pink paper.



I copied these phrases several times on another page, then printed off 2 on very vanilla cardstock.  I cut out the butterfly/Hope pictures and the phrases into squares.  I distressed the phrases squares with soft suede inkpad, mounted the pink butterfly/Hope squares onto soft suede cardstock, and then added a vellum square over the pink butterfly/Hope to soften the effect.  A pink glimmer brad was added in the lower corner.


After the phrases and butterfly squares were adhered to pink pirouette cardstock that had also been distressed with soft suede, the whole thing was adhered onto a crumbcake card that was distressed as well.


The striped grosgrain ribbon was cut in half lengthwise and tied on the left side of the card; then a piece of twine was tied into a bow over the ribbon's knot.


This is the digital version I made of this card:


Here is a digital card I made with an adorable picture of our furbaby:


And here is the very first digital card I made for a baby's first birthday, when I was familiarizing myself with My Digital Studio.  I used only the items that came with the software.


Time sure goes by fast when you are playing with this software;
 it is $79.95 if you order through me:
Use the same great artwork, colors, and accessory images found in Stampin' Up's current product line to create personalized digital projects. The options are endless: create photo albums, calendars, and greeting cards using My Digital Studio. Once you've created your personalized gift or heirloom, have it printed in high-quality print facility and delivered to your door or print it at home.

 I sure wish I had started using My Digital Studio sooner!  I loved being able to buy a lot of stamp sets, papers, and embellishments on a limited budget, and once you buy them, you can reuse them over and over and never run out!  Wow, an endless supply of stamping and scrapbooking products!  I am excited to be able to use My Digital Studio for a scrapbook - already know what the theme will be, and have been putting pictures for it in a folder. 

You can see some of the great things you can do with My Digital Studio by Stampin' Up at:

No comments:

Post a Comment