Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cupcake cards - for guy or gal

These cupcards were made for a Sudsol challenge using the Stampin' Up colors of peach parfait and/or pumpkin, rich razzleberry, and old olive. Also needed a cupcake card for a swap, so I thought I would try and make a card that could be given to either a guy or a gal...

I used a stamping wheel of cupcakes
in pumpkin and peach parfait cardstock with the ticket corners punch.  The create a cupcake stamp set and cupcake punch by Stampin Up was used, and I stamped white candies on the rich razzleberry cupcake frosting. 

There is a little olive button tied with twine on the cupcake, and twine was put on the border.  These cupcakes look so delicious, I had cupcake cravings!  I crimped the old olive cupcake base to make it look like real cupcake liners and mounted the cupcake with dimensionals.  The squares are also mounted on the card with dimensionals.


Some of the little cupcake sprinkles from the cupcake punch were added to the border confetti.


Since I wanted to be able to use the cupcake birthday card for either male or female, I didn't color in the cupcakes in the border....

Do you think a guy or gal would like this card?  Or is it just a tad too feminine with the colors?
Oh and don't forget, there are only 2 more weeks to take advantage of Stampin' Up's Spring is Blossoming...So let me know if you want to get it quick, OK?

I have to share the blingy cell phone cover I got this week with my new touch screen phone with Bluetooth!

Yikes, next weekend is Easter - what are you doing to get ready for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment