Thursday, October 16, 2014

Diorama card with copics for Halloween - Copictopia card sketch #5


 http://copictopia.com/sketch-challenge-saturday-casc5/

Here is the next card sketch CASC5 from www.Copictopia.com and since it is so close to Halloween, I used several of the new digi stamps.  This set is Fun Hauntings, and in addition to the "freebie" (the bats), there are a few more new halloweeny digis! 

 There are so many great halloween digi stamps at Copictopia, that I had a hard time narrowing it down to some I wanted to use for this new card sketch CASC5!!  Even so, I ended up choosing 7 of the new digi stamps so it was a little challenging to use all 7 for this sketch....But I came up with a super clever "diorama" card:




I used all 7 digi stamps to create this scene - diorama cards are "wonderful little creations that allow card makers to build up a three dimensional scene using a few simple folds and a couple of pieces of cardstock.  There are several different ways to create these cards, and some of the more complicated methods have a number of layers to give even more depth to the finished product" (Beccy Muir).

I only used two pieces of cardstock and to give my one-layer diorama a dimensional effect, I used both pop-up foam dimensionals and glue dots; several of the glue pieces were put on top of each other so there were multi-layers.  I also used a gray copic C3 to shade and shadow some of the images.



 There are several tutorials and videos online for diorama cards; I used the one by Paula Goff.  What is nice about these cards is that the folds allow them to be pressed so it lies flat and then it fits inside an envelope.  I used some black rhinestones and stitched ribbon to embellish.

These are the halloween-colors of copic markers I used:  
C3, G85, Y15, YR16, Y17 and spica clear and black:



The front layer of cardstock was coredinations so I sanded it around the opening, as well as embossing & sanding the framelit behind the scary house.  I also gave the digital images some texture on my laptop before printing them off, then colored and shaded the images.  It did take a little bit of time to cut out the images, but once that was done, it was fun placing them around to create a scene; sort of like paper dolls!






My color scene was inspired by my halloween kitchen towels!  Maybe you change out your kitchen towels, hot mitts, tablecloth, and napkins to match the holidays like me LOL:



Here are a few more pictures of the diorama card so you can see how it goes together:  http://copictopia.com/sketch-challenge-saturday-casc5/








 Hope you enjoyed my Halloween diorama scene using Copictopia digi stamps - head on over there to get your freebies and a few more of the great stamps, etc.!
http://copictopia.com/sketch-challenge-saturday-casc5/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment