Monday, April 22, 2013

Cards from April's monthly class - a fancy dress, cakes, and swallowtail butterfly Stampin Up

 Wanted to share the pictures of the 3 cards we made in this month's class - A fancy dress, birthday cakes, and a swallowtail butterfly using all Stampin' Up products that you can buy in my online store, or order from me.

 After stamping the butterfly in read red, we sponged more mustard in the center of it - my sponging was a little heavy and I thought one of the ladies' cards that the yellow was sponged on much lighter looked perfect.  We swiped the butterfly with the Illuminate glimmer pad before attaching in onto the black cardstock - it added just the right amount of sparkle like a real butterfly~!

 Baker's twine was threaded through a wooden button that matched the more mustard and black cardstock, and then attached with mini-glue dots over the greeting that was on a "flag."

This card is loosely based on the triple time stamping technique, maybe called "double time?"  I think Meg Loven calls it "double stamp."


I can't seem to get enough of the dress framelits and all the fun pretty variations using it, so when I saw Lee Ann Greff's video that gave instructions on how to fold the doily for the skirt and then make a lace bodice out of a doily too, I knew I had to try it out with the light blue tulle I had.  Bashful blue and pretty in pink inks were used.

The tulle was cut into 6" long strips and I used red sticky tape to attach 2 on the backside of the skirt; then just trimmed it down.

 A mini-greeting was made for the corner and you can see a closeup of the tulle, framelit in back of the dress, and embossing on the white cardstock.

 I used a little paper flower and tapped it on the bashful blue inkpad, then tapped it on the pretty in pink inkpad to fill in the white areas.  It dried quickly, so then I could attach a pearl in the center and mini-glue dots to the scalloped lace ribbon.  This ribbon is reversible so it offered more choices - I really have to use this ribbon more!!


The birthday cake card I saw on Stampin Up's page of ideas for demonstrators - when you  join as a demonstrator you get access to the password protected pages for demonstrators, where there are tons of cards, suggestions, forums, and ideas from other demonstrators all over the world!  I am running a special joining offer if you join my team for $99 - you get to choose either the Stampin Up trimmer or a stamp set of your choice as a joining gift....plus you get my monthly cards FREE!

The designer series paper used for this card was Patio Party for $10.95 you get 12 sheets - 2 each of 6 designs.  What is great about some of Stampin' Up's designer paper is that you can just cut out the pictures on them and make cards with just that!  The cakes, strips of flags and butterflies, as well as the background were used from patio party.  We also used the new photopolymer stamp set for the flag banner - these new stamps give you sharp images and good color!


If you would like one of these cards free, when you place an order with me, just let me know which one you want for your free card, OK?  Or if you just have to have your own set of 3 cards featured in my monthly cardmaking classes, join my team as a demonstrator ($99) and you will get them free each month!

No comments:

Post a Comment