Sunday, March 11, 2012

My new Stampin Up store!! Free card 4U



GREAT NEWS!!   I now have my own online store with Stampin Up items!!  
Since the Saleabrations catalog ends March 31, you still have a couple weeks to buy $50 of items from the Stampin Up catalogs and get your choice of any items in the Saleabrations catalog! Here is the link to my store, as well as a new Stampin Up only blog on it.
Sure appreciate you checking it out!!


On the blog at this site I have posted a detailed tutorial on making a card using all Stampin Up products - if you purchase at least 4 of the products* used to make this card, I will send you one of these cards for your very own that you can use to make them!


*Stampin Up products used:
Whispering white cardstock
Pool party cardstock
Pool party inkpad
Island indigo inkpad
White waffle paper
Jumbo pearl
Pool party seam binding ribbon
Boho flowers punch
Apothecary Art stamp set
Labels framelits
Embosslits


Last week I met with our community's stamping group to make 3 cards I had designed.  I used mostly new Stampin Up items, but also a few retired products, such as the rose and guava cardstock, as well as the brilliant blue, blue border, and chandelier stamp.




I used the white heavy backing paper that comes with some of Stampin Up's designer paper packs for the cardstock with the blue chandelier.  Since it was slightly glossy, we heat dried the ink so it wouldn't smudge.  In order to get the border so it was straight we practiced on scrap paper first, but even then we had some booboos lol.  This was a simple one-layer card, and getting the images on just right took some practice, but it was worth it.


This card was made from retired Stampin Up cardstock, groovy guava - it sure is a pretty color and what I noticed about Stampin Up's retired colors is that they still look great with the new colors!  The current Stampin Up products on this card are the mixed punch flower and punch, the apothecary art stamp and framelit behind it, the white waffle paper, the peach parfait polyester ribbon, the Happiest stamp and the hearts embosslits on the left side.  This card is a CASE from one of my cards that I posted about previously, which was my swap card at the Spring Fling stamping event last month:


These ladies are really good at stamping and quick at putting cards together.
They are fun to work with too (I mean play!)


This card was a CASE from a card swap I received from Donna Pratt at the Spring Fling stamping event I went to last month.  I just loved her card, which uses the umbrella from the Rue de Fleur stamp set.  Here is a picture of her card - you can see how it inspired my card.
I used the new pleated satin ribbon in real red on my card and the edgelits scallop diecut
(it cut through both layers of the cardstock!) while the designer paper is from a retired Stampin Up set.

Stop by my new store and get free items from the Saleabrations catalog before the end of the month, OK?

Shop at my store any time, any day, at your convenience!

No comments:

Post a Comment