Friday, May 6, 2011

Beveled frame pins for Mother's Day

Another holiday will be this weekend - Mother's Day...And it is my mother's birthday too, so I usually plan to make 2 projects for her and 2 cards and mail them all at the same time.  I played with the beveled frames to make up 3 pins, which I learned at a local workshop.  The red beveled frame pin above is the one I choose to give her.

I used the new Stampin' Up designer series paper, Paisley Petals, and  Four Frames stamp set. 
After I cut a piece of cardstock for the pin back, I stamped the frame and colored in around the edges of the decorations a little.  Then I cut out pieces of the flowers and leaves from the designer paper and glued them on the frame stamp.

There are so many pretty flowers in this designer paper set, so that' how I ended up making 3 pins!Here you can see the back of one of the pins which shows the seam binding ribbon. 
  
After the back and inside of the pin was done, the ribbon was threaded through the front holes of the beveled frame, but not tightened up and tied yet - the back/inside was adhered to the beveled frame on the right and left sides with a mini-glue dot.  Then the seam binding ribbon was tightened up and tied into a bow or knot at the bottom.  This also helps to keep the pin back in place.

Once the pin was put together, a mini-rhinestone was put on the beveled frame front over the glue dots, so you couldn't see them through the frame.

The pin clasp was adhered with hot glue.

I have to admit when I first saw the beveled frames I couldn't imagine what you could do with them, other than put them on a card....so I am glad that I learned to make these pins because as soon as I saw them back in Feb. at the workshop, I knew I was going  make one for my mother for her birthday. 

The Four Frames stamp set and Paisley Petals designer series paper will be available in the next Stampin' Up catalog, but the beveled windowpanes are still available now. 

Beveled Windowpanes #121881 Set of 12So which window pane pin is your favorite?

Regular Price: $8.83; Preferred Price: $7.95
     Put a touch of high style on your projects with Beveled Windowpanes. Layer over Designer Series Paper or over stamped images to highlight your masterpieces. These clearly fabulous acrylic frames also have ribbon slide holes for a creative option for anchoring the windowpane to your projects.
■ Includes 12 pieces: 4 each of 3 sizes
■ Approximately 1" x 1", 1" x 1-1/4", and 1-1/2" x 2"
■ Ribbon slide holes sized to fit 1/4" to 1/2" ribbon
■ Made of acrylic

Preferred pricing means if you order from me,
you can get this cheaper price.



3 comments:

  1. The pins are a great idea!! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are BEAUIFUL! I'm making them for my friends this week. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! I love your pins! I would really love to see you do a video, I'm a very visual person. ;)

    ReplyDelete