Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Summertime - Aug. blog hop




Welcome to the August 2018 blog hop with Di's Country Inkers!  Our theme this month is summertime and our weather here in Arizona is definitely summer – it has been 100 - 110 degrees daily….that is our “monsoon” season along with some humidity, cloudiness, and occasional rain -  steamy and hot, hot, hot!
Here is my project for the blog hop, which shows a delightful way to stay cool:
 

Here are a few closeups and other angles of my card:



  
I made my diagonal sketchy stripes in the 3 colors I choose for my card (flirty flamingo, blushing bride, and night of navy) for the fun backgrounds for your cards. Easy to do with washi tape (or masking tape or painters tape, but I had lots of retired washing tape!) Just tear off a piece of tape a bit longer than the piece of card stock, place it on the ink pad to ink it up, then “stamp” it onto your card stock (I used shimmery cardstock) by running your finger across the top of it. Repeat as you’d like with different colors of ink and/or different widths of tape for a custom and unique striped background.

These are the Stampin’ Up products I used for my card:
Washi tape (various widths)
Night of navy, flirty flamingo, blushing bride inks
Night of navy cardstock behind the flamingo
 Vellum Flourish thinlit cut to fit the corner
Gingham ribbon (bow)
Petal burst embossing folder
Blushing bride cardstock

You can get all of these Stampin’ Up products in my online store:  http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/marynoble/



BTW, if I had the new Stampin' Up stamparatus, I would have been able to line up this two-step stamp set perfectly, so I will have to get one soon!  Here is a bit about this fabulous alignment tool (video at:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2o3rBfUiGw)
 



 A must-have tool for all stampers, the Stamparatus helps you perfectly align stamp images, stamp multiples of the same project quickly and precisely, and get complete ink coverage.  It was created by stampers for stampers, so it has all the features you want:

* Compatible with red rubber and photopolymer stamps
* 2 magnets to hold the paper in place
* Rulers on 2 sides for quick measuring
* 2 open sides so you can use larger paper
* Multiple hinges for more placement options
* 2 reversible plates for 4 sides to work with
* 1 foam mat for use with photopolymer
* 1 base with grid
* Magnet storage areas
$49

When I get mine, I might have to do a "before" and "after" photo posting of this card, lol!  
Please go through all the artistic blogs ahead and see all the amazing creations from everyone.  At the end of this post you'll see the next blog hopper - click on that link and go to her blog.  Just do the same for every blog until you get to the end.
The next blog you will hop to is Melissa's:

http://www.stampinupwithmelissa.blogspot.com 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Here is a list of all of this month’s bloggers

Di           http://www.stampingwithdi.com




3 comments:

  1. I just love this one, Mary! Great idea for using the washi tape for making the stripes - I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this might be one of my fave cards you have ever made! Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Your card is beautiful! Love it.

    ReplyDelete