Monday, December 9, 2013

Angel made with Stampin' Up bow diecut; Clearance Blitz starts Dec 10th


A new Stampin' Up Clearance Rack Blitz begins December 10! 
Retired products-up to 80% off-will only be available while supplies last.  Check it out in my online store:  
http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?email=mklecuyer%40hotmail.com&phone=8043660023

 I made quite a few of these darling Christmas angels using the Stampin' Up gift bow bigz L die - some for swaps and some for gifts for others - just adorable!  With this diecut, it is so easy to cut them out and it was fun coordinating the items and colors.  

I took pictures while I was making it so you can make your own too!

 

 1-3/4" circle punch - champagne glimmer paper for the halo; then punch the center out with the 1-3/8" circle punch.

 I used the pink pirouette coredinations paper for the head (1-1/4" punch) and hands (window punch) because I liked the texture of it.

 Island indigo coredinations was used for the angel's dress and arms.  You need 2 small bows for her arms and two bow tails for her dress.  I used either mini-glue dots or the tombow green glue (multipurpose).
 You need to curl the two small bows like shown in the picture for her arms.



 Cut the window window punch in half and glue in the angel's sleeves for her arms and hands.


 One night I cut and punched all the items I needed to make the angels and put them in my plastic shoebox on the floor next to my craft desk table.  My furbaby Inu likes to put her little nose into my boxes to see what I have and likes to chew paper....I left my craft room door open for just a little bit and when I came back Inu was smacking her lips by my shoebox....uh oh!  I told her Drop It and she did it right off because I think she did NOT like the taste of the coredinations paper YUCK- it not only has a textured surface, it is treated with something so that you can sand it down.  Guess it wasn't something she liked because she was not interested in that paper anymore!  Good thing it was only one little pink word window arm and easily repunched lol.



 Punch a little hole in the top of the halo and put twine, cord, ribbon, etc. for the hanger.  

I used island indigo baker's twine to match the dress.


 I used the Merry Christmas stamp from Sassy Salutations stamp set and stamped it in craft ink gold on Stampin' Up's shimmery paper.  It was sprinkled with clear embossing powder mixed with fine gold glitter and heat embossed.  It turned out really pretty!





 Below is a picture of the back of the bow angel - I find seeing both the front and back of a project helps to put it together - must be from all the sewing I have done where you have to check the inside of a garment to see how it is seamed lol.

So I had some large bow diecuts leftover and made up several bows decorated with silver ribbon.  My little tree is decorated with some of the angels and bows - just perfect!

Cindee Wilkinson has some more written instructions on the gold and red angel she made and there are other folks who made some of these cute angels from other paper.  


 http://justspongeit.blogspot.com/2013/09/stampin-up-gift-bow-die-angel.html

No comments:

Post a Comment