Monday, June 10, 2013

Masculine card swap with new Stampin' Up items!


 This weekend I went to a shoebox swap of current Stampin' Up products with the theme of "masculine."  A shoebox swap is where you make up the "guts" of a card and put it into a box (usually in the shape of a shoebox, duh!).  Then it gets passed around and everyone puts the card together and passes the shoebox around.  I used some new Stampin' Up items:  smokey slate cardstock and ink, Epic Day This and That designer paper, 3/8" crumbcake taffeta ribbon, honeycomb embossing folder, calypso coral ink, and an arrow cute clip from the Hung Up cute clips assortment.

 Do you remember the Fabulous Phrases I put on an acrylic block from last month's card class?  I used it again to stamp on the strip of designer paper on the card!




This designer paper is so fun because it has all these honeycomb/hexagon shapes, so I just had to pick one and cut it out to decorate the front of the card - hey, it matches the embossing folder!  We dabbed inkpads on the embossed smokey gray cardstock (crumbcake, smokey gray, basic gray) and sponged one of the colors on the edges of the vanilla card.  The triangle is the reversible side of the leftover piece from the "v" that is cut at the end of the strip of paper....That was my  inspiration for the calypso coral greeting and I like how cutting around the greeting and popping it up with dimensionals makes it stand out!

Can you see how I managed to get a little bit of ribbon on this "masculine" card?!  Like that saying, a little dab will do ya (probably dating myself and some of you might not even have seen/heard the Brylcreme commercial this saying came from, lol)


Hope you have had a chance to look at all the new designer paper in Stampin' Up's new catalog!  When you place an order with me, you get a free card, so you could get my "masculine" card for your very own!

No comments:

Post a Comment