Friday, July 20, 2012

Very vintage swap cards for SU convention



 This past week I received my preorder from the Stampin Up holiday catalog that will be available next month - I fell in love with the tulle. There are lots of new fun products - you will enjoy seeing them and what you can do with them when you see the holiday catalog!  So I had to use two of the tulle colors (expresso and crumbcake)  to create a very vintage swap card for a swap that I signed up for at the annual Stampin Up Convention in Salt Lake City.


This is a place in the Convention hall that folks can have their picture taken - do you think these two ladies knew they were going to be in my picture?  I didn't because I just got a new Panasonic camera and was playing with the zoom..lol


Here are a couple pictures of the supplies I used to make my swap cards...As I learn to use the setting on my camera better, I think my photos will significantly improve!!


I also made a few extra of these cards so I could swap with some others who were not in the very vintage swap.  I will post a few of the beautiful cards I got in the swap later.


I  dyed the vanilla seam binding ribbon and crinkled it, then dripped more crumbcake ink on it to make it look vintagey.  I sponged the edges of the card with soft suede and colored the little pearl on the heart with a turquoise Sharpie. 


I found I really liked this designer paper - International Bazaar.  The new tulle is so soft to use and easily makes beautiful ruffles, and doesn't fray when you cut it.  The Delicate Designs embossing folder on the left side of the Shimmer White cardstock looks perfect with the tulle ruffles for a vintagey look.


Since we travelled to the Stampin Up convention in our motorcoach with our two dogs, I used the table for my card making area - I put my supplies in recycled water bottle and food cartons!


Here are a few closeups of my card taken taken with my new camera.  The camera has a motion detector so takes better pictures if you wiggle or the subjects move....I sure need that! 


The first day of Convention I promptly filled up my camera pic card because I forgot to take off the other pics on it of our trip and dogs - ugh.  Then the second day since I hadn't charged up the battery I could only take about 50 pictures....Yeah I'm learning how to manage my new camera!


I will be posting more pictures of how I made this card as well as more pics from Convention, now that I know to clear the disk and charge up that camera battery! 

No comments:

Post a Comment