Monday, May 17, 2010

More pics of Fairy Lites in the making and my first challenge design win



Since I've been traveling cross-country in our RV to my son's college graduation later this month, I brought along the swap project I was doing, which were 11 fairy lites.  Here is a picture of the supplies I put together to bring.  These are the fairy lites that I did an earlier post on.

Now I had to bring the items to make them up, so I put them in one of those cardboard box bottoms you get when you buy 24 water bottles, to make them contained while riding - don't want my supplies flying all over and onto the floor when you hit some of those bumps, and boy, have we been over quite a variety of roads, in different conditions, and types of weather.  Here is my portable box o' fairy lite items in it, ready to be worked on. 

I worked on them off and on, and finally got all 11 of them done, just in time to drop them off for the swap meeting a week early....



I even  had 2 extra, so played around with changing them up a bit - see the one in the center and the one to the left?  One of the mini-tags lost it string, so I had to attach it differently, and used another rhinestone brad for that (I love bling).  And the other fairy lite is the reverse side of the designer paper....it's really cool how Stampin' Up's designer paper can be used like that, and all the papers in one set coordinate - makes life easier for me!!  Don't look too close at the center fairy lite - that's my boo-boo one lol.
Here's one more picture of the fairy lites before I dropped them off:


I entered a Stampin Up demonstrators' designer challenge with my fairy lite, and I actually won!  (squeal and clap). Thanks to those of you who voted for my fairy lite....Wow, my first win....Guess I will have to post more of my projects on other sites.  If you want more deets, pictures, or the tutorial and template on my fairy lite, leave me a comment, and/or subscribe/follow, along with your email, and I will be glad to share it with you.  Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. That set is so cute! Definitely on my wish list. I love what you did with it here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable idea! Thank you so much for sharing it and bringing it to our attention through the group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these little lights they are adorable. Thanks for sharing your idea. Would love to have a tutorial for these. My e-mail address is euffa105@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone who gave me feedback and checked out my blog and asked for the fairy lite's directions....they have been sent! I was sooo happy to hear that so many of you liked it....Thanks! mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're still sharing the fairy light directions, I'd love them (I just subscribed to your blog, so if you'll post them on the blog don't need to email me individually. So cute!
    zanzibear@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable! Did you ever make a tutorial or template to share? So cute. I was looking for tea light projects on Splitcoast when I came across your wonderful creation. Thanks 4 sharing. Fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops...left out my eml add in case you wd send if not posted on your blog
    Tsfile2003@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete