Thursday, September 8, 2022

Birthday card and gift with Stampin' Up - masculine

 

My clog dancing instructor's birthday is this month and I wanted to make a special card for him, as well as wrap his CD gift with Stampin' Up products.  I really love this diecut Grove Dies - it has the little deer diecuts in the set too.  Here is how they turned out.

Behind the black glimmer paper forest and deer is paper from the New Horizons designer papers - some beautiful scenes and it was hard to pick just one...unfortunately it's retired, but I know Stampin' Up has other designer papers that would be similar.

I tied a thin glittery ribbon (metallic woven ribbon Parakeet Party) at the top; such an easy and quick card to create with the diecut...then I cut a few evergreen trees to put inside the card and on the front of the gift: 

I also adhered some of the leftover paper strips along the inside of the card - the trees were cut from 2 different colors to make them stand out (ombre papers and a denim-like paper) and the paper was from another Stampin' Up designer paper set (Sunprints):

And then I put more of the thin glittery ribbon around the gift...So glad they turned out as well as they did since masculine cards always seem to be a bit of a challenge for me.  Using glimmer and glitter really makes a card special!!

How do you like the little sayings I put inside the card for the deer?  And the dark green and black dots are matte finished dots.  Hope this give you some ideas of how to make masculine cards and wrap their gifts up!  You can order these items from my online store:  https://marynoble.stampinup.net/







No comments:

Post a Comment