Friday, July 17, 2020

Fixing a mark on your cards

I recently was in a card swap where we made 10 cards using  one of the Stampin' Up stamp sets in the new catalog, and I choose Summer Days, which is a hostess set:




Here is a close-up of the card I made, which also used the Ornate Borders diecuts, garden green cardstock, metallic pearls and gilded gems:

I usually make more than I need just in case one or two don't come out well....and of course, that is what happened with one of the cards - can you see the mark that doesn't belong in this card below?


I thought about how I could use this card and work with this booboo (lower right corner)....and here is what I came up with by taking this card to the next level:


I put some of the extra diecut under a cute little flower and put a matching paper layer under the card out of magenta - doesn't it look pretty?  And you can't tell there was any booboos at all!

I also made a birthday card for my son, who has a dog and cat:

The wood designer paper and colors I used make it look more masculine, don't you think?  Of course it could easily be made out of feminine colors too...although this wood paper is retired, there are a couple new paper that could be used for masculine themes.  Check them out in my online store:

https://marynoble.stampinup.net/


I then decorated their gifts that I was mailing with matching diecuts - this was in my previous posting...https://marynoble.stampinup.net/


Here are a few more samples of cards made using the Stampin' Up items I used:  












You can order these items in my online store here:   https://marynoble.stampinup.net/
And you can earn $5 coupons during July for every $50 you order!



No comments:

Post a Comment