Saturday, October 3, 2015

World Cardmaking Day!

Today is World Cardmaking Day so I am celebrating both current and past Stampin' Up items with this card!  
A Thomas Kinkade meets Stampin' Up card...
My sister enjoys the nautical/maritime theme and goes to visit different lighthouses, and since I remembered I had a lighthouse stamp, I made this card for her.  The stamp used is called The Light of Peace by Thomas Kinkade/Cornish Heritage Farms.


I used the "spotlight" technique to highlight the lighthouse with cherry cobbler cardstock.
Sponge daubers were used to put the colors on the card.  Also the black glimmer paper, red baker's twine and cherry cobbler ribbon/cardstock were used - you can purchase most of these Stampin' Up products in my online store.


Can you see the little bits of silver and white ink I also used on the windows, fence, and waves?


How did you spend World Cardmaking Day?


No comments:

Post a Comment