Saturday, November 29, 2014

Card design CASC8 with Copictopia for Christmas-poinsettias!


I wanted to do a Christmas themed card for the Copictopia CASC8 and thought about how I could use the digi stamp Natural Harmony in the Flower Collection  http://copictopia.com/digital-stamps/

I decided to try and make this up to resemble a poinsettia-type flower, since I had learned how to make paper poinsettias from red paper ribbon from my mother when I was younger.  Nowadays, there are more colors for poinsettias, and they can be painted lots of colors!  Did you know that Dec. 12 is National Poinsettia Day?  The United States has observed this official day since the mid-1800s. It honors the man who introduced poinsettias -  Dr. Joel Roberts Poinsett, an amateur botanist and first United States ambassador to Mexico. He discovered a shrub with brilliantly colored red leaves growing by the side of the road in Taxco, Mexico, in December 1828 and sent cuttings home to his plantation in Greenville, South Carolina. http://urbanext.illinois.edu/poinsettia/facts.cfm

I choose calypso coral related colors from my Copic alcohol markers:  R22, R32, R35, R59 and 0, and use several silver papers for the Christmasy background:




Here are a couple closeups of my Christmasy faux poinsettia:


You can get your own digi stamp of this pretty flower at Copictopia at http://copictopia.com/digital-stamps/   They work good for any type of holiday project!
Here is how I learned to make poinsettias from paper ribbon:


 I found so many more great poinsettia projects and had to share some of them with you; it makes me want to go out and get some paper ribbon on sale and make them up!









Here are some card ideas with poinsettias:





This was my favorite way to use a poinsettia....I think Tootsi and Inu may be my next poinsettia projects (I did find out that poinsettias are NOT toxic for dogs as long as they don't eat the whole plant, or any plant for that matter lol)


Head over to Copictopia to see all the fun digi stamps!  
http://copictopia.com/digital-stamps/
I'm off to figure out how I can decorate with poinsettias, whether real, silk, ribbon, etc.!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment