Sunday, June 8, 2014

Cute muslim bag with doily; alcohol ink markers info


I wanted to share a pic of an adorable little muslim bag I made at one of my upline's classes.  The stamped image was cut using a framelit so it comes out perfect!  Gee, what did we do before we had framelits??  Oh yeah, we cut them out with scissors, etc. lol!  I remember cutting out paper dolls when I was little, from coloring books, catalogs (Sears was the best!), and of course, paper dolls you could buy to cut out.  

Nowadays, I still buy paper dolls, but usually "special" ones, like historical ones, dance ones, etc. that are a little fancier and in paperback books that give info about the dolls.  So of course, I don't cut them out!  If I had a little girl that I could share them with, I would copy them off on nice cardstock so I could preserve the original book...
 
The Stampin' Up paper doily, new Hello Honey satin stripe ribbon, and mini clothespin (can you see it? It is colored with Hello Honey too) decorate the top of this bag.  All of these items are in the new Stampin' Up catalog.  You can see the catalog in my online store.

Do you wonder how I colored the beautiful purple flower with coastal cabana in it?  It was with the alcohol ink markers that Stampin' Up will be coming out with later this year!  They are so fun and very affordable too!

Here is a little bit more about the markers, called Blendabilities (BTW, if you join Stampin' Up now for $50, you can get them at a discount until June 30th!)

These exclusive alcohol-based marker sets, come in a 3-pack of light, medium and dark shades (of the same color ), and provide your projects a more saturated look with blended colors. We recommend using Stampin' Up! Whisper White Cardstock with your Stampin' Up! Blendabilities, but any one of our cardstocks would work just as well. 

What Sets Them Apart:
  • The Stampin' Up! rectangular barrel keeps your markers from rolling away!
  • Flat storage helps to maintain the life of each marker.
  • Each marker comes with a tip on each end: brush and fine. 
  • Marker tips are made of nylon, which is superior to polyester which can fray.
  • Color coded caps.
  • Stampin' Up! markers coordinate wonderfully with our cardstock, and can be used with transparent sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment