Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lace and ribbon weaving technique tutorial downloaded & available!

Lace and Ribbon Weaving Technique tutorial now available! 
http://www.scribd.com/doc/45480879/Lace-and-Ribbon-Weaving-Technique-Tutorial


My tutorial was featured in the Dec. 2010 issue of Papers and Pixels this week (yay!)....This technique is where 2 kinds of flat crochet trim laces and 2 kinds of ribbon (narrow 1/8" taffeta and 5/8" satin ribbons by Stampin' Up) are woven on a piece of cardstock, resulting in a beautiful lace & ribbon woven 6" x 6" piece that can be used in a project. 
Here are pictures of 3 projects I previously posted using marina mist 1/8" taffeta ribbon, 5/8" very vanilla satin ribbon, Victoria crochet trim lace, and Chantilly crochet lace trim
(by Stampin' Up).



Here is what the 6" x 6" lace and ribbon woven piece looked like
before I cut it up for these projects:


Here is the lace and ribbon weaving technique in red that I made for my article in Papers and Pixels, and the 3 projects made from it.


If you didn't get to subscribe to Papers and Pixels in time to get the first edition of the Dec. online publication, and just can't wait for the second edition, I have downloaded my tutorial that was featured in it at this link:

Not only can you download and print off your very own copy of this tutorial, you can also download and print the 3 projects tutorial that use this technique:


If you did paper weaving or making those weaving loopy potholders when you were younger, this technique is very similar to it - Have fun!!  Would love to see your projects using this!


 

1 comment:

  1. oh, the weaving is beautiful! I'm not sure I could cut it after it was done! Would just have to find bigger projects for it to fit as is! TFS!

    ReplyDelete