Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Thomas Kinkade spelled with two "K's" CHF32





I have always liked what the artist, Thomas Kinkade, painted - especially when I saw some of his paintings highlighted with special lighting in a gallery in Scottsdale, AZ when we first came here.  He was known as the "painter of light" so you felt like you were right in his pictures because of his light focus.  So I was glad to see that I could get some rubber stamps with his images from Cornish Hill Farms.

Here is one of the Thomas Kinkade stamps I bought, called Cobblestone Bridge:


 I wanted to highlight part of the image, so used a "spotlight" technique with a circle punch.  I  kept the rest of the card simple with blue ink and gray shimmery cardstock, gray satin ribbon, and 3 layers.




The ink used was by Stampin' Up as well as the greeting.  The gray satin ribbon is a retired Stampin' Up ribbon.  

This would be a great card for either a guy or a gal, don't you think?  And if you used different colors of ink, cardstock, and/or ribbon, it would totally change the look of this card!

I am going to enter my card in the card challenge over at Cornish Hill Farms....CHF32 http://www.cornishheritagefarms.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment