Friday, April 8, 2016

Last wedding thank you card based on wedding invitation


I finished up the last set of ten wedding thank you cards (previous postings showed other 3 designs) for my son's wedding next month.  This card was also based on their wedding colors, purple, white, and gold.  But I got ahold of some extra wedding invitations and used them to make these 10 cards.

Here is what the off-white laser-cut invitations looked like:



Here is a close up of the thank you card as well as the wedding invitation:



I fell in love with the laser cut design and just knew I wanted to use it. The purple cardstock I used has a slight sheen to it, with Stampin' Up's very vanilla cardstock under it.  I used the Stampin' Up curvy trio corner punch at the bottom - I thought it was the perfect touch!  Here is a little bit more about this versatile punch:  

The Curvy Corner Trio punch is 3 punches in one!  It has cute 2 corner designs and a ribbon slide for tons of card and tag options. Punches are a quick and easy way to add interest and depth to your projects, as well as high quality, affordable (only $20 for 3 punches), and easy to use.  You can order it in my online store.


My son gave me the nicest compliment when I told him when to expect the wedding thank you cards - I asked him to let me how they liked them, and he said, Mom, I have never seen any of your cards that I haven't liked!

I am also making a special wedding scrapbook for them using these laser cut corners too, with purple satin fabric, satin and white lace ruffles, and purple/gold flowers. Thank goodness I have lots of retired Stampin' up 12 x 12 designer papers in various paper colors to use, so will post the book and pages when it is done. Since the wedding is next month I will be busy....

Don't forget the Stampin' Up retiring list will be available on April 18th so you will want to order any of the items on that list before they run out!


No comments:

Post a Comment