Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Bi-monthly card sketch Copictopia CASC#7 for autumn

http://copictopia.com/sketch-challenge-saturday-casc7/

Here is the recent card sketch challenge #7 with Copictopia - I'm a little late due to surgery 4 weeks ago...but making and coloring a card is something that fits in with the recovery, both physically and emotionally, right?  Since it is fall/autumn and Thanksgiving is just around the corner, I used this designer papers for my color inspiration:


They are from the Color Me Autumn papers from Stampin' Up's holiday catalog.  
I love the autumn leaves and choose the cute Betsy bird from Copictopia's Tweetness Collection (she is a free digital stamp!):

http://copictopia.com/digital-stamps/tweetness-collection/

The card I made is a "tent card," which is a card where the image dangles in an opening in the front of the card.  I got a tutorial to make it from Splitcoaststampers but made a few changes....here is my Betsy Autumn Tent Card for CASC7:

Since I changed up a few of the details from the tent card tutorial, I took some pictures so I could share them with you.


Betsy was colored with copics #E42, E50, E53, E55, E57, E59 and the colorless blender (to texture the bird fur).  I added cast shadows with one of the C markers but forgot to write down the #...


Instead of hanging Betsy with a jump ring, I used a thin strip of clear acrylic window sheet:

Back of Betsy:

Here is how I made the card (base card is white cardstock 4-1/4" x 11" that is folded at the top) and covered inside and out with the designer paper - I wanted to make Betsy feel at home in the leaves and acorns!


The opening was diecut with Stampin' Up's Wonderful Wreath framelit and I put a burlap trim and two-tone ribbon on it.



I cut a few of the leaves from the designer paper and used pop-up dimensionals to adhere them on the front of the card:

The underneath/bottom of the card is a strip of paper that is 4" x 4-1/4" and since the designer paper isn't as heavy as regular cardstock, I doubled it to make it sturdier.  This piece was folded/pleated at 1" intervals the long way:

Then the 2 outside edges were glued to the inside bottom of the card, front and back:






When you wiggle or shake the tent card, it makes Betsy play and move in the leaves!!

 




Hope you enjoyed my autumn Betsy tent card - stop on over to get Betsy and other cute digi stamps, and share your own card for the Copictopia CASC7!
http://copictopia.com/sketch-challenge-saturday-casc7/





No comments:

Post a Comment