Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I love paper dolls - Prima paper doll stamps and an illustrated tutorial http://doggandponyshow.blogspot.com/2013/10/another-prima-doll-tag-card-illustrated.html



 I have to admit, I never outgrew my love for dolls and paper dolls!  What is really great about paper dolls is that they don't take up much room, less than dolls and books, right?!  So when I found out about the Prima doll stamps, I couldn't find out more about them fast enough!  Omg there are eleven - 11, of them - so adorable!!  I couldn't pick out which ones I wanted first, so as usual, I had to get them ALL!  This is the one I choose to make up in a card first.  

It was so much fun picking out some of my retired Stampin' Up designer paper and embellishments for this girl....Here is my card, which is the perfect size to put into a long business envelope:


Isn't she sweet??  How can you not love her?!  She sits right in front of me on my craft table....I know I have blogged about her before, but didn't think you would mind if I showed her again lol.

The next step was to participate in a card swap using the Prima doll stamps over at Splitcoaststampers.  So here is the doll stamp, Olive, that I choose to use - I picked the only one that had long hair.  And also used the Prima tags that are the perfect size for the stamps.



Here is my first Prima doll stamp tag I made with Olive for one of the swaps:




 Can you see her pretty tulle overskirt, lace flowers on her shoes and headband flower with a pink pearl center?  I colored the pearl with a pink sharpie.

I took pictures of my card while I was making it with various different companies, and of course, Stampin' Up items, both retired and current.  Take a look at how she came together below...





 Stamp, stamp, stamp, and cut, cut, cut!


 Used a whole box of mini-glue dots!



 Pink pastel chalk for cheeks...











Lots of beautiful details and fussy cutting - sure do need those Stampin' Up paper snips!!

Email me if you have any questions, OK?

I am working on another Prima paper doll tag with this paper doll stamp, and will post pictures after it is done this week.  So be sure to check back if you want to see how elegant she is!



1 comment:

  1. Your dolls are lovely...great color choices and so many cute details and embellies.

    ReplyDelete