Saturday, February 23, 2013

Whimsical cards; roses



I made up three cards for my neighborhood ladies' cardmaking group this past week.  I had some retired Stampin Up products and non-Stampin Up items I wanted to use, along with some current Stampin Up products.

This pretty house card used Faux Patina technique after it was embossed and white colored pencil highlighting on crumbcake cardstock.  It was very elegant!

 I used Coredinations' whitewash cardstock to emboss and sand this oriental lady - the Stampin Up sanding block and wiping rag came in very handy to do a perfect job of sanding!
 I love copper colors and used some retired copper cardstock for this - the 3 southwestern images were heat embossed with copper power.  The framelit behind them was from Stampin Up - the framelits they have now are so beautiful to set off your images.



 I took a couple pictures of the gorgeous roses I received from my hubby for Valentine's Day!


I really like the faux patina technique and plan on using that for this weekend's swap cards. I will be posting more pictures of it step by step using all current Stampin Up products.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment