Monday, December 10, 2012

Monthly card class and heat embossing



 
Here are the three cards we made at my monthly card making class which were 3 cards that you could give a gal or guy - No Christmas cards though!  All attendees got to choose one of the Christmas cards from me to take home - lol saved me postage!  
Don't forget, if you join Stampin Up as a demonstrator under my name/webpage, you will receive my monthly card classes for FREE!   
Below are pictures of each card.


Burlap is HOT, HOT, HOT now and it sure looks great after you fuss with it, have burlap fibers everywhere, and play with the threads.  When I bought the burlap I couldn't decide which color I wanted, so ended up getting 1/2 yards of several different colors....now I have enough burlap to make LOTS of cards!


This card was a case from Cristena Bagne - she did hers in blue and I fell in love with it.   So we used lucky limeade and always artichoke on this card (Stampin Up).


This card took a little longer than the other cards, but it turned out well worth it!  It is a case of the hot air balloon card I shared in an earlier post this week.  Stampin Up's pewter embossing powder looks amazing on it and we also did marker spritzing and embossing folder (Chevron EF), along with 2 different Stampin Up diecuts.  The designer paper that matches was used to cut out a mini-hot air balloon, the borders on the bottom, and Winner ribbon.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the detailed step-by-step instruction on heat embossing.


So how are your holiday preparations going?  I was so proud of myself, I put up all our outside Christmas lights and decorations myself! (Just took working on them on and off for 3 days - and our 2 furbabies "helped!)  Tonight though, it's a little windy, and I already went out once and picked up a few that had blown over....Although it's only down to about 60 degrees, it feels a little chilly to me - yeah I know some of you that don't live in Arizona would laugh to read that, but having lived in the cold, snowy winters for many, many years, I don't miss the cold humidity, snow, gray skies, and especially scrapping and shoveling snow one single bit!  I'll just settle for looking at pictures of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment