Monday, June 25, 2012

Dog card; new dishes do double duty


Well, you must be able to tell that I love dogs, by my blog's name, Dogg and Pony Show!  So of course, any new dog items by Stampin Up I have to add to my dog collection!  This card was made using the new hostess set, Summer Afternoon - I used the "spotlight" technique to make the little dog pop and watercolored him.  I also cut up the greeting and rearranged it on a clear block so it would go around the scalloped circle.  Also the paper at the bottom of the card is from a new designer paper series "Comfort Cafe," which has a great set of colors in it, don't you think?  How can you resist this little doggy face?!

When you order $150 of Stampin Up products, either yourself or in a workshop/class party, you receive "hostess" dollars of $25 and can use that $$ towards special hostess priced products or regular products.  This stamp set, Summer Afternoon, comes with 4 stamps; here is what you get in it for $10-14 hostess dollars on page 205 (bottom right):


I have to share a new purchase I made from the online tv store, QVC.com - it is an insulated bag that came with 2 casseroles!  I loved the polka dots and the colors matched my kitchen - lol! 

See how the top opens up after you separate the handles, so you can put stuff in it? 

It has a removeable adjustable strap, and just look at all those cute pockets that zip or velcro open/closed!

You can access the insulated top and bottom of the bag through the top or fronts - the top unzips from the bottom bag so you can use just one bag, or both!  I didn't figure that out until I had used it for a couple weeks!!

Here are the straps inside the insulated part that hold the dish in place.
See what else I got to go with my new insulated bag??! 
No, the bananas and cherries didn't come with it!

I just had to get all the matching casseroles, dishes, trivets, and mini-casseroles with covers too!  The matching cloth napkins and large utensils came with the bag as well and they were a nice surprise....
See the other trivets, loaf pans, tray that came with the sets?  They are all ovenproof, freezer-proof, microwaveable, and dish-washer safe - I already have a set in the freezer!!
Don't you just love it when everything matches??!!  The holders came with the casseroles too, and fit the dishes perfectly. I also got the little rooster that holds 4 measuring spoons!

You can see how great the dishes look on my counter by the bay window! 
They were so elegant that I left them on the counter for a couple weeks so I could admire them lol.
Now we can go to those bring-a-dish potlucks with nice looking casseroles, be stylish, and keep the food warm!   Doesn't it make you feel like baking/cooking??! 

There was an added benefit to my new dishes....see the little round bowls (they had covers too) and the holder the bananas are in?  Guess where they ended up....in my craft room! 
The round bowls are perfect for putting little crafting things in and look pretty in my glass cupboards.  And the holder was the perfect size for putting cards into.  Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment