Monday, December 12, 2011

Hybrid cardmaking Christmas



I made some awesome Christmas cards at Diana's class this weekend - they are done using the "hybrid" technique.  Here they are displayed by our doggy Christmas decorations on top of Inu's crate with
a Christmas tablecloth!


The "hybrid" technique means that the cards are designed using Stampin Up's My Digital Studio software program for cardmaking, scrapbooking, papercrafts, etc. and you design them first on your computer.


Then you print them out and use that printed-out designed card to make your cards with and embellish them with real decorations, such as white gel pen for snow effect, ribbon, rhinestones, glitter, brads, and sometimes even with real stamped designs!  Since all of Stampin Up's products are designed to coordinate with each other, you don't have to worry about not having matching stuff to decorate them with....

It is lots of fun designing the cards and I know I have lost track of time playing with My Digital Studio....it is kinda like reading a good book -
you just keep telling yourself, just a little bit more! 


Now I have no excuse to not start working on addressing my Christmas cards...but these are so pretty it will be hard to let them go lol.  
How many more days until Christmas?  Maybe they will go out late....?!








1 comment:

  1. I have made a few of these this year too! And I agree, when they turn out so pretty it's very hard to put them in that envelope! hee hee! :)

    ReplyDelete