Sunday, June 12, 2011

Yellow vespa!

I needed to make some cards for a swap this weekend....When I went to get my new haircut (thanks for making me look great Sarah!), my hairdresser showed me her brand-new bright yellow Vespa scooter!  It was awesome and inspired me to use the On the Grow stamp set by Stampin Up because it has a vespa in it....
and of course I had to do it in yellow!! 
I knew I wanted to use some of the pretty items in the summer mini-catalog but had no idea of a design.  Then I remembered seeing a sketch challenge on Cristena Bagne's blog (http://www.gettincrafty.com/), which is shown above.

So I used this sketch to make up my swap cards with a yellow watercolored vespa.  Here is the card - the new triple layer punch is in the corner, as well as the Beyond the Garden designer paper.  This designer paper inspired me to use the colors of daffodil delight, pacific point, and tangerine tango and wild wasabi (in the flowers).  Aren't these colors bright and cheery?!  


After stamping the scooter with black stazon ink on watercoloring paper, I used Stampin Up's watercolor pencils and the blender pen.  Here is a closeup of the watercolored vespa.  I think my watercoloring skills have improved, and that what I've learned from taking Diana Gibbs' watercoloring classes are starting to sink in...!



I made an extra card that I am going to send to my hairdresser to thank her for making my hair look great (that always makes me feel good too!) and inspiring me to come up with this card.  Here is a picture of her on her new vespa and the flashy helmet she got too - the helmet has yellow and black flames on it.  She wanted to make sure everyone saw her coming and going -- Doesn't it look fun?!

Our furbaby, Inu, thinks it is pretty cool too, and very quiet! 
Much nicer than those noisy motorcycles that scare her lol!!


I think I might try using more sketches in the future when making cards - I enjoyed using this one - thanks Cristena!!

1 comment:

  1. How cute!!! Thank you for joining the challenge :) I love vespas! They are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete