Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day - cards and flowers for all mothers

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are moms!  I had this holiday in mind when I designed and made up 3 flower cards for our rubber stamping group meeting next week.  I finally got the Fun Flowers diecut by Stampin Up
and used it on this first card - there are dimensionals between each layer, which really popped it up.  I used one of those cosmetic triangle spongy things to be able to apply marina mist ink on the edges of the flower, and between the petals. The flowered designer series paper on the bottom is from the new Paisley Petals set, which will be in the new catalog later this summer.  After I punched the edge of the paper, I had a little strip leftover, and the reverse side was so pretty that I used it at the bottom of the card!  The little tie in the center of the flower and button is the new baker's twine, which is only $2.95 for 25 yards.

This card used many of the flower stamps from the new stamp set, Flower Fest,  from the current summer mini-catalog that just came out.  I had the punches that go with the set, so it was easy peasy to stamp and punch out.  The embossing on the left side used the new Flower Garden embossing folder.  It was inked with a brayer and then embossed.  The background paper is again, from the paisley petals paper set.  More mustard, peach parfait, and perfect plum were the colors I used for the flowers.  I made this card so it opens horizontally, and when I showed it to my husband, he turned it and opened it vertically.  So I guess you can use the card that way and the embossed flowers would be at the bottom...right?

In this card, I used the Beyond the Garden designer series paper on the bottom for the color theme - lots of bright colors!  The card is melon mambo, the ruched seam binding ribbon is rose red, and tangerine tango, wild wasabi, and pacific point cardstock was used for the flowers and mini-tags.  The tulip embossing folder was used on the melon mambo card and the embossing was then dabbed with white pigment ink.  I played with the new triple layer punches that are in Stampin Up's summer mini-catalog, Doily Triple Layer punch and Blossom Bouquet.  I ended up with many more flowers than I needed and it took a while to come up with only 3 flowers to use on the card!  The blue dot in the middle of one of the flowers is a pearl that was colored with a blue sharpie pen.  I am still getting use to this color combo....

I hope you had a nice Mother's Day, got cards, flowers, taken out to eat, etc.  We have a lot to be grateful for from our mothers - if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be here!  So this flower set of cards are dedicated to all mothers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment