Monday, April 11, 2011

More cards with ladies' group; cool photo of card accidentally discovered

I wanted to share some of the other cards I made with my ladies' group here in our neighborhood, at least while everyone is still here...soon several of them will be going to cooler places for a couple months in the summer.  We made some fancy fold cards with turquoise and blue:



On these cards, the Stampin' Up top note diecut was used on the black card, and other Stampin' Up punches were used:  the oval punches for the greetings and scallop oval circle.  Also the elegant bouquet embossing folder was used on the olive card.


I loved the flower we made - it was rubbed with copper metallic ink,
which was also used on the card and some pearlized copper and aqua cardstock.  Copper is my favorite metallic color.


These beautiful papers were used with the Stampin' Up butterfly embosslits on the card as well.  This embosslit diecut is so fun to use since you get 6 different sized embossed butterflies!


I used the adorable picture of our furbaby on this card - the yellow and brown background was dabbed using alcohol inks...my first time using them.  And gold chipboard was used - I cut around Inu's picture and used dimensionals to "pop" her off the card! 


When I was taking pictures of the alcohol ink Inu card, which was sitting on our cream colored kitchen counter with a desktop light, I got this cool looking reflection in the photo!


I think I will try to duplicate this with some other pictures in the future!  Sometimes we get the neatest special effects by accident, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment