Thursday, March 3, 2011

Vintage Playdate and Crown card

This is a card I made for a vintage challenge at Sudsol - it was somewhat of a challenge since I wanted to use the Playdate designer series paper, which is a bright colored paper....so I crumpled it and then distressed it with Stampin' Up's distressing kit.  Also I dabbed the grosgrain ribbon and taffeta ribbon in chocolate chip craft ink as well as edged the embossed tulip frame card.  The greeting was also edged with the distressing kit (mahogony) and the red behind the greeting is the reverse side of the Playdate paper - that is what is so great about Stampin' Up's reversible designer paper - if you don't like one side, just turn it over, and they all are color coordinated! 

I also used the vintage trinket kit - the little button brads on the greeting.  And looped the taffeta ribbon through a filligree brad and left it so part of the ribbon formed a loop on top of the brad.  The ribbon was also used to hang the crown from - In the crown trinkets, you get 3 crowns, and one of them is flat, which I used here.


Here is a close up picture of the distressing and vintageness of my card...you can also see how I put the taffeta ribbon through the brad and didn't pull it all the way through.  Now the Playdate paper doesn't look so bright, but definitely more subdued and vintagey I think.  I am really liking this framed tulip embossing folder too!!  Vintage design can be fun to play with because you can crumple, wrinkle, tear, and dirty up your projects, and the more you do it, the better and more vintage it looks!  lol
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment